+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: SOSSA Trips - weekend of 23rd and 24th of July

  1. #1
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    137

    SOSSA Trips - weekend of 23rd and 24th of July

    Due to unsafe weather conditions, the trip of Saturday 23rd of July has been cancelled.

    The trip for Sunday 24th of July is still going ahead, at this stage.

    For anyone interested, a replacement trip for the 23rd of July is planned for the 30th of July, if numbers permit.

    Please contact SOSSA here to make a booking

  2. #2
    Hi Brook,
    Thanks for the update. I am scheduled for Sunday's trip, so I hope that one will not be cancelled, since I am suffering from a severe bout of "pelagidipphobia". I'll keep an eye on the forum today. If it would be cancelled, I am certainly a candidate for next week!
    Cheers,
    Frank

  3. #3
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    137
    I swapped from the Saturday trip to the Sunday one mid-week, as I thought Saturday's might be cancelled.

    I would think tomorrow's would go ahead. The winds are forecast to drop below 10 knots overnight and the seas are supposed to be 2 to 3 metres. If that's the case, I think we'll go.

    If not, I'll be on next weekend's too

  4. #4
    Good! I have the feeling that I need a large dose of Slender-billed Prion, topped up with an epsilon of Light-mantled Sooty Albatross to get better.

  5. #5
    Storm-Petrel
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    16
    Looking forward to tomorrow. It looked good offshore today, lots of birds of Bass Point. 95% of stuff too far, even with the zoom lense on the scope but a lot of albies moving north and south. Closer inshore there were good numbers of the usual albies, lots of Prions, one Brown Skua, one Giant-Petrel, and many thousands of Fluttering/Fluttering-type Shearwaters (all moving south).

    The access road to Point Perpendicular was flooded for anyone thinking of trying a seawatch from there.

    Cheers Dan

  6. #6
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    137
    Even if we don't get to the shelf, it should be a good day

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts