+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sunday 24th Apr Pelagic Boat Trip

Storm-Petrel

Cool Sunday 24th Apr Pelagic Boat Trip

I have just completed the most amazing birding experience. My granddaughter I have been out on our first pelagic bird watching boat trip, out with SOSSA, Kiama. They were extremely generous with their advice and tolerant of novices like me. Even though it was a quiet trip by their standards, it was a day full of wonder for my granddaughter and I. I saw 9 new species for me.

Woo-bloody-hoo.

Our original trip, planned for the day before was cancelled due to weather, but everybody was keen when Lindsay suggested that he might be able to arrange a trip for Sun. Thank you Lindsay and the guys for a wonderful day. I can't wait to go out again.

You guys do an awesome job.

I've posted comments on Birds of Oz in FaceAche and have already inspired at least one inquiry. If you're reading this and you haven't already done so, do yourself a favour and get out on a trip.

Bryan
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That is great Bryan, and I can fully relate to your excitement. I will be lining up for my fourth trip this Saturday. I have been a keen birder for over 40 years, but had never really done any Pelagic birding - no real reason why, I don't think, but maybe because of a lack of opportunity, or perhaps just not that motivated!

After my first trip last July (2015), I was hooked!!! I have been out in July, November and February, so this will be my first May trip. I have seen new species for me on every trip so far, and have managed a few nice pictures as well.

I echo your comments: "If you're reading this and you haven't already done so, do yourself a favour and get out on a trip."

Very well run and a great bunch of people too

Cheers

Regards,
    Peter Rowland
    www.australiaswildlife.com

+ Reply to Thread